Saturday, August 24, 2013

Norristown Farm Park and Geraniums: a happy Saturday

Tom and I went to Norristown Farm park today. The best (free) place to fulfill the nostalgic longing I have for the midwest once in a while since moving to Philadelphia. Ever since living in Illinois, I can't help loving a wide open corn field






We stopped here of course 





Its so nice to have this woodsy place so close to us. We live about 3 miles from the boarder of the Philadelphia city limits, so we can get downtown pretty quickly, and the suburbs are really close. There are huge and awesome woodsy parks inside the city, but nothing as quiet as this place - and definitely no corn fields for my midwestern nostalgia.



Soybean fields are also nice 









This is me, happy and tired after a nice 5 mile stroll.


Also, I have been dreaming of having red geraniums in our window ever since getting here in June. I knew they would be cheaper later in the summer, so I was waiting to get them for less. These two were originally $18.99 each! I would never pay that, but the only place I could find geraniums this time of year is this one quaint little (overpriced) garden store.


 Anyway, today they were on sale for $14.99 buy one get one free. Much more reasonable.


I wanted to separate these into 4 pots so they would be a little smaller. Thankfully, I watched a few videos on "propagating" geraniums before trying anything. It was a much different process than I had imagined, but really easy. I just need some soil and a few more small pots. This is perfect timing to do it because its not cold out yet. 


Hopefully by the time the weather cools down, I will have some cute little geraniums to put on my windowsill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment